THE BIRTH OF A NEW ERA: World of Step was born in 2016. This amazing event was created & designed with a “competition & educational weekend“. This jam-packed weekend is for all those in attendance to have the opportunity to experience & celebrate all that the Art of Stepping has to offer, from educational workshops, artistic/step performances, meet & greet with celebrity judges and so much more! AOS designed this exclusive and one-of-a-kind weekend to further assist the cultivation of Step!
In 2017, AOS launched the first-ever WORLD OF STEP! The event will kick-off with regional invitation rounds in the Midwest (Illinois) and the East (New York) leading up to the International Competition to be held in, what is known as the “capital of the world”, NEW YORK CITY in MAY 2018.
- Regional Invitations – preliminary rounds will be held in select target markets for step teams wanting to compete at the International Competition in May 2018 in NYC.
- Teams who participate have the chance to win a spot for Saturday and skip the 1st day of preliminaries.
- Teams selected for the competition must register their team online. Once registered, the team will receive a confirmation notice via email with their status.
- International Competition – location will be NYC and event to take place in May 2018. Day, Time & Date of Event and NYC location will be released shortly.
- Teams who do not attend regional invitational round(s) must compete at preliminaries in order to secure a spot at the International Competition stage.
- All events lead up to the NYC competition where teams go head to head for the International Step Title.
- See below “flyers” for more information about this event weekend.
- Frequency of Competition – the International Competition WORLD OF STEP will take place every two (2) years. The 1st World of Step is in 2018 with the 2nd World of Step to follow in 2020! This frequency allows AOS to connect with and bring in top innovators, celebrity hosts, choreographers, etc. in the industry